Re: [pyrnet] Choke collar hazard

Here is a link to a website that has some very good collars for Pyrs :
http://www.bigtallk9.com/

I use the rolled buckle collars from here for general 'holding the tags'
wear and have not found that they rub at all (they wear them fairly loose -
3 or 4 fingers underneath instead of the usual 2).

I use the Premier collar (also on the website) for training and have never
needed anything else.  I have never used a prong collar (illegal here) and
only use a choke for the showring because they look nicer <g>.

I would agree with those that say don't leave a choke collar on an
unattended dog. They can get them caught on the oddest things from under the
end of a bookcase (bringing it down on top of the dog), to between the
wooden slats of a decking, to hooks for venitian blinds, to door handles, to
other dogs teeth or claws.

Tracy Bassett
Murrumbateman, Australia
espinay@bigpond.com