RE: [BNW] Brave New World in the bargain bin

>Because these packages are rigid, they have to be counted as individual
>entities.  So, for $75, we get 26 packages.

>By comparison, Aberrant and Marvel Superheroes, and even DC Universe
provide
>far more complete character creation rules for significantly less cash
>outlay.

It depends on your comparison parameters. I Have all 4 games you mention
above and the only one I am playing is BNW, I got Marvel out of nostalgia,
DC for curiosity (I like the Mayfair version better, although I like the
"dice" points better then just "points") I got Aberrant to use as a
sourcebook for Trinity (toned down, though, seash megaeverything).

Now why does BNW win out for me, you ask. I'll tell you, Ok you have 15 min.
make a PC we are going to start ready or not in 20 min, go. You could do it
with Marvel, but not the other two (you could write down a PC that you know
but to make a complete PC, I doubt it. I have 6 players we get together once
a week (If things work out), I don't have time to make Batman or Divas Mul
(sp) with one book and 6 players we would never get to play. So it depends
on what you want to chose as a priority. (also the Players liked the story
of BNW and Aberrant, but I didn't want to run a mega game as we just got out
of Rifts. No more Mega!)