Re: [PyrNet-L] Odor help, please

Hardwood floors should be cleaned with vinegar and water. This well protect your wood. It just happens that vinegar also well stop the odor. Heinz vinegar has a little book out that tells all, or anyway a lot, that can be done with vinegar.
Dolores
----- Original Message -----
From: Merrilie
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Friday, August 27, 1999 7:35 PM
Subject: [PyrNet-L] Odor help, please

I have hardwood floors, very OLD hardwood floors. This house is a rental, and the hardwood has not been refinished in absolutely years.  Dogs have peed on it long before mine ever did, although Sam seems to have christened it a bit more than my dally, or dogs before him, according to the landlord. (that's another story in itself...)   I took up the rug and poured Natures Miracle on the floor  and set the fan on it to let it dry.  It is so humid here right now, that I doubt that it will dry fast- nothing is.  I figured it can't hurt the floor anymore than it has been already  and that maybe it'd neutralize the odor, but it is not working.  it still smells.  Any suggestions? I really would like to get rid of it before winter comes and I can no longer leave all the windows open........:)
Merrilie