Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Rescue Looking for new home

That's always been my philosophy too, Cindy. When we were kids in NZ, and
moving from Sth Island back north, I remember my parents' efforts to make
sure that cat and dog were well accommodated, both in terms of travel
arrangements (the cat by air, dog in the car with us) and in temporary
housing when we arrived. If they didn't take pets, we didn't stay there!
Great learning for children.
On the other side, two little girls who live down the street from us were
distraught one day last summer because their little dog had gotten out and
gone missing. I heard the other say, "Oh, never mind, if he doesn't come
back I'll get you another one." Needless to say, we went out and helped
the little girls search, and did indeed find their dog--they knew already
that "we'll get another one" wasn't the point at all.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose