[PyrNet-L] Hip Displasia

This weekend I was reading an article in I believe the Jan/Feb 1999 GPCA bulletin. This article addressed Pyr Genetic disorders. In the section on Hip Displasia the author made the comment that since Hip Displasia is a polygenetic disorder one should consider the breadth of the line over the depth of the line when breeding. If I understand this comment correctly the OFA readings of sibling pups within the same litter are more important than the OFA readings of the parents or grandparents.

This was the first time I had heard this perspective and would appreciate any comments on the subject.

Thanks,
David of DancingPyr