[PyrNet-L] Re:Pyr Temperament

mdkost@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I've never seen a puppy so calm around screaming, running kids! It's so
> refreshing
> to have such a mellow dog, she just sat there and let them love her!  Do these
> great dogs stay so calm?  I sure hope so.  Also, the vet told me she'd be
> around 130 pounds.  Is this pretty typical for females?
> Diana, Mike & Tara

Hi Diana,
I changed the title on this one.  Loved the description of  Tara giving kisses to
the 3-yr-olds.  I think Pyrs are about the best breed possible with children just
because they are so calm and gentle (they need to be in order not to spook the
livestock they are guarding). Puppies can be rowdy, but the adults are usually
calm.   I think that this is one of the reasons why they are so good as therapy
dogs.

In my opinion, for a female Pyr in the US, 130 pounds is a bit heavy,  90-100
pounds would be more usual.  Most females I see over that are too fat.
Of course, if her parents were very large, she probably will be too.
Charlotte