Re: [BNW] JFK and Snuff Fields (was Go-go-gadget..... )

Some possible spoilers below...

> > >"They are also set up in a perimiter around the Whitehouse, keeping
>King
> > >Jack nice and safe."
>
> > The paraphrase above doesn't say they are switched off when Kennedy
>leaves
> > the White House.  However, assuming it is the case... "Because there is
>then
> > nobody in the White House who deserves that level of energy output
>required
> > to be protected against rogue Deltas other than me, King Jack."
> >
> > (The shutdown thing seems unlikely, since most rebels would probably
> > consider destroying the WH a major coup, however, whether JFK was there
>or
> > not.  Does it really say they shut it down when JFK ain't there?)
>
>hey you read the GM section? JFK is an alpha shapechanger.... power damping
>fields.... around the whitehouse...... that stop powers working.........

Sure.  But what does that have to do with you having Agent Smith asking why
the field is turned off when JFK is _not_ there?

But does it matter?  Actually the odds are that he isn't affected.  Might I
refer you to page 92 of the Defiants Sourcebook, vis a vis "delta-level"
snuffing vs. Alpha powered characters.

>..
>
>"OHHHHHHHHH nonono agent smith, tell Prof. Mienhousen that I dont think I
>will be able to see his latest power dampening invention tested after all"
>
>Ewan
>
>PS. of course it might only stop him changing or somthing, or he might not
>be affected. but that would be a bit contrived. I prefer the 'we dont need
>any newfangled stuff to keep out those pesky defaints' approch

Again, the reason that JFK, an alpha-level Shapechanger/Changeling, is not
affected by the nullification fields around the White House (or any new ones
he goes to watch being tested), seems pretty clear to me based on printed
material to date.  Granted, we didn't have this information until the
Defiance SB, but then again, that's part of the method behind a multi-level
mystery/meta-plot...

---

Steve Crow

"Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"