Re: [pyrnet] Choke/Haltie/Prong

On 29 May 2004 at 10:48, Perry wrote:
> Thanks, Janice for the link to the "Good Dog Collar". For years I was
> against using prong collars, but am beginning to change my mind..As
> the director of our all-breed kennel club's training classes, I've had
> a chance to watch lots of training methods in action and have seen
> some really good results with the prong collars, especially with the
> large boisterous dogs. Just saw the Good Dog collar for the first time
> last week.  The person using it thought it was great.. Charlotte

The most I generally train with is a Gentle Leader and filter the dog over to a premier
collar.  I haven't used a prong in many many years.  I watched a prong collar come
apart and turn a situation really into a mess between 2 dogs when the prong came
apart.  Prongs are training tools and it's the trainer behind the tools whether they are
using the tools wisely and the way they should be.  I heard about the "Good Dog
Collar" on a clicker list I'm on.  I haven't used it or tried it so I can't comment on the
collar.  Just letting you know there's another training collar option out there for use.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana (newf) and Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices
Hutto, TX