Re: [PyrNet-L] Question About Grooming

Hi Robyn, first off I wanted to say how much I agree with your other
letter.  In fact I think that if I were to err in one direction or
another I would go to drier but fluffier.  It allows their coats to stand
up and protect them more.  Bad things do happen to a dogs skin when they
get oily and matted down.  And you made a good point about how easily
that can happen if your not right on them, even on the working Pyrs.  We
live in a goat and sheep area, and when I was in with Kemo one day the
Vet. and his assistant seemed to be really enjoying running their hands
through her coat ( beyond the exam part )  They commented that they so
seldom get to see the Pyrs. come in this way, and how lovely she was.
Most of the time they are shaving the working dogs down to treat all the
skin problems!  Kemo doesn't even have a great Pyr. coat.  Hers is long
and almost curly!  I tease her about standing backwards in a wind all the
time.

On the question of the shampoo, it works extremely well, but on a ten to
14 day basis is best.  It is mild enough for frequent washing.  But I
know washing five dogs tends to make us groan every two weeks.  We are so
hot and dry this summer that we haven't had as much trouble letting them
go longer, but during those rainy humid times it is a lot of work.  It is
gentle, and they do smell good though.  Walmarts carries it, which is
convenient.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas