RE: [BNW] New game for me

--- Steve Crow <crow_steve@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >As far as secrets, it strikes me that there are a
> few.  Will the Alphas
> > >return?  Is there more to Kennedy than folks seem
> to be assuming about
> >"King
> > >Jack"?  What supernatural forces are trying to
> manipulate this earth via
> > >supplying Covenant and Vampire-type "powers" and
> loaning stuff to
> > >Bargainers?
> >
> >This is the part that really has me guessing. The
> whole
> >deaders/vamps/covenant/bargainers thing as they
> don't really fit the norm
> >(unless you count DL as the norm) of the
> "registration act" setting (which
>
> Really?  To me it strikes me as the way to handle
> it.  To start it off as a
> few, small, minor aberrations as whatever evil
> forces (or whatever) get a
> toehold.  "Yeah, we'll give a few folks some
> supernatural powers, create a
> few vampires - our nemesis on the side of good will
> start giving specific
> powers to his unwitting soldiers."  Then *bang* the
> ultimate battle between
> good vs. evil.

Ok, so the basic book is priming us for an ultimate
battle against good vs. evil.  Great, what's the evil?
 Is it supernatural in origin? Extra dimensional?
Alien? It becomes frustrating designing adventures
without guidelines, and this is a fundemental
guideline.  Sure, the players don't need to know, but
the Refs definitely do.

-Munch Wolf