Re: [BNW] Brave New World in the bargain bin

In a message dated 4/19/00 11:13:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
daedelus@netwalk.com writes:

>  Well lemme be the first to say that this would be a shame. Now while some
>  people have problems with the powers system. I think it suits the world
>  perfectly. In my opinion it beats the new Marvel system and DC system.

I haven't seen either of those, myself, so I cannot compare BNW to DC or
Marvel.

However, I am (slowly) working on a partial-point-build system: each power
package would come with a list of specific power advantages/disadvantages
that were allowed; I will try to make it so one single amount of points,
applied across all power packages, will build *precisely* the Package as
listed in the standard, core rules ... well, give or take maybe up to 5% ...

This way, you can have, say, two Blasters that are slightly different ... one
with low power but high ROF, the other with but a single blast, but a DOOZY
of a blast that would be!

I don't expect to have it properly written out for at LEAST another month or
two (since I'm also working on a Star Trek: TNG campaign I'll be running
offline), but I'll post it here when I do.

If Matt Forbeck wants to make comments, suggest changes, and all: I'd be
honored.  =o)  Heck, maybe that sort of thing can be included in some sort of
"optional rules for more advanced players" product, along with a lot of the
other house rules discussed here.  =o)

-- Pax --

Ever Defiant !