Re: [BNW] Speed and Such

Theo McGuckin wrote:

> Here we go:
[cliped math summery]
> So a quick conversion is take their pace, multiply it by 0.8 and that
> gives rough miles per hour (and as long as you apply it to everyone, it
> all balances out).

Though intestinally enough if you go though and apply the exact numbers
the speedster can run at 90.0 mph exactly and the flyer can fly at 40.9
mph (not that fast) though the gageter's power suit only flies at 32.7
mph.  If you approximate with .8 the speedster still earns his name by
going 88.0 mph and the flier goes 40.0 and the power armor gets along at
32.0 mph. We can now conclude that while an approximation is appropriate
at low speeds that i has a noticeable error curve that starts to get
noticeably bad at around a pace of 50.  It's interesting to note that
the 'geddon armor doesn't fly faster than the gageter's (it has the same
pace) even though it's gun hits much harder.

> (Never ask a physics geek a math question :)

Matthew Trent
Never estimate at a Math geek.