Re: [BNW] Hi All

> Hey!
>
> I just bought BNW and was looking for advice for a campaign I'm about to
> run.
>
> 1.) What books pack the biggest bang per buck?  My funds are limited.

Well, avoid the GM screen.  It has an adventure and a screen.  Ravaged
Planet has an additional eight power packages and fills you in on more of
the world's history, mostly through the eyes of the Patriot.

Defiants covers the Defiance in more detail, and has some more power
packages.  Of the two, Ravaged Planet is probably more essential, but I felt
neither provided a lot of bang for the buck (and I got RP at 40% off).

> 2.) What is Evil Unlimited?  The most I can figure from the main book is
> that they are the suppliers of things that go boom. Including the one
> that made Chicago bay.  I'm not at all sure how they are supposed to
> frighten my PCs.

In my opinion, EU is a joke.  However, I guess their supposed to be like the
Maggia in Marvel Comics, or maybe Intergang.  The truth about the Chicago
device is hinted at in Defiants.

> 3.) I plan on letting my pc's make up their own power packages.  Has
> anyone done this and have suggestion on how to keep it balanced?

No idea, I haven't even decided if I'll ever play/run BNW.  I just happened
to trip over the core books and screen in a local store's "orphanage" and
got them on the cheap.

Theron Bretz
Houston, TX