Re: [BNW] Betas....the next generation

> I did wonder at the book talking about 'more powerfull' deltas and stuff
> when it would seem from the rules that a delta cant become more powerfull
at
> all.

<unlurking>

This is something that occurred to me on my first (and only) reading of the
rules.  The fact is, with no way to improve Delta powers, or gain new ones,
the only things that could feasibly make a Delta more powerful are 1)
additional tricks, which are variable usefulness, dependant as they are on
the success of an attack.  2) Higher skill levels, which really aren't how I
normally envision a superpowered character becoming more "powerful".  3)
Better equipment, which has nothing to do with character experience and
everything to do with character resources.

So, either one of two things can be inferred 1) Matt's references to more
powerful Deltas was a mistake, or 2) This is yet another piece of
information we're not being given yet.  Given some of the errors that crept
into the historical narrative, I'm actually leaning towards the first
conclusion.

Theron Bretz
Houston, TX