Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Question about Grooming

Hi Lene,
I agree with you that house Pyrs really don't need frequent bathing.  We have lots of friends with beautiful clean dogs who are bathed once or twice a year at the most.  Pyrs have much drier coats than most dogs, especially water dogs like spaniels or Newfoundland.  Those oily coats on the water dogs can get really stinky!  The cocker that somehow got left here 6 years ago by our daughter has to be bathed all the time if we want to be in the same house!
Charlotte

Lene Nielsen wrote:

 I don't think pyrs actually need bathing as long as they are brushed out regularly. At least I have known pyrs that were never washed, but looked as nice and white as you could wish for. These were house dogs not lgds, so of course were looking cleaner, but the important thing for the skin is to brush the dog and keep it free of mats, so that air can get to the skin.Lene Nielsen