Re: [PyrNet-L] Chat, Rescue: Looking for a special home

In a message dated 8/23/99 2:52:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, joan@ziehl.com
writes:

<< I listened quietly and after she was finished asked her "and where are you
 placing
 the children?"   Dead silence.  After about 5 long seconds, she answered that
 maybe she was making a hasty decision and would call me back.  Heard from
 her 6 months later to thank me for putting things into perspective for her.

Great story.

Don't misunderstand some of what I offer here, but we should be a little
careful here.  Some of these poor dogs are better off not being where they
are.  We will generally not know this from one phone call, but these type
people can and do inflict really bad things on the dogs and other animals
that they live with.  A lot of these people are not very stable and cannot
cope.  All situations that our dogs might be better off, even in rescue.  The
problem is the breeding and the breeders.  If they were good breeders they
would look after their pups.

Joe