Re: [PyrNet-L] Chat, Rescue: Looking for a special home

that reminds me of a phone call I had one  day.....after about 4 calls within
a 3 hour timeframe (all wanting to give up their dogs) I got a 5th call from
a woman who wanted to place her 8 month old pyr boy.  She explained that
she had just had her 3rd child 4 months before and with the baby and her
two other children, she really didn't have time to care for him or the children
with all her attention.

I listened quietly and after she was finished asked her "and where are you
placing
the children?"   Dead silence.  After about 5 long seconds, she answered that
maybe she was making a hasty decision and would call me back.  Heard from
her 6 months later to thank me for putting things into perspective for her.

Now that call was the exception--but at least I was able to vent and something
good did come of it.

Joan
Our Dog Bleu
http://www.ourdogbleu.com