Re: [PyrNet-L] At wit's end

<< I have cleaned the carpets to get the odor out, thinking that maybe he
thinks that that's the potty place by odor >>

Sorry about your problems with Sam.  Don't know if this is part of his
maturing process - starting to mark his areas.  From our experience with
obedience training, our trainer told us to take the pup outside and watch him
like a hawk - making sure he really goes.  After 5 - 10 minutes, if nothing
happens, bring back in, put in crate for about a 1/2 hour.  Then repeat
process until he does something.  Concerning the carpets - what are you using
to clean them?  Have you put something like Nature's Miracle on the spot to
take out any amonia-like smell?  Many times, normal cleaning products have an
amonia-like smell - we may not be able to detect it, but dogs and cats can.
And to them, that's the potty place.

Good luck, Robyn