[PyrNet-L] years go by!!

Just to let you know (Ann too!!) that Ariege Tikkle Me Elmo (Kermit) went
Reserve Best In Show at the Non Sporting/Utility Dog Show in Napier this
weekend under a NZ Judge at 23 months!! I had only entered him in this Show
having remembered that this particular Judge in 1982 had cut the Best of
group final to seven dogs (Pyr was one of them) and then asked me to run my
"Newfoundland" round the ring. I looked over my shoulder for the Newf,
realised there wasn't one, she realised that she meant Pyrenean but by then
I had lost the plot and made a mess of it. (the Pyr had light grey face
markings not black!!)  So the years go by and I would always say "if that
woman judges on my front lawn I would not give her an entry" and I haven't.
My daughter(co-owner) asked me to enter him and I relented. Only him, that
woman is NOT getting her hands on the BIS winner from here etc and seeing we
would be at  other shows in the same venue yes I would. Three other friends
with long memories and knowing how I had felt that day in 82' were surprised
I had done an entry too(pressure from a child of 25!!)  When he got BOB and
the Dog CC I was pleasantly surprised, when he got Reserve of Group I was
even more pleasantly surprised and when he got Reserve BIS I was gobsmacked
as I gracefully accepted the lovely prizes and sashes to the echoes of the
friends with the long memories and comments "what a stunning Newfoundland
you have Mrs Chaplin"!!  We spent the rest of the night having a laugh and
me being told I would have to eat my words!! He is a nice dog though but
there were many other nice dogs out there too!! So, did I have a better
Pyrenean in 1999 than I had in 1982?? Not as tall as the 1982 model, much
less colour than the 1982 model ,and the 1999 model is the Great, Great
Grandson (5 generations) of the 1982 model?? Will I give her another entry?
Probably but next time it will be another Pyr with more colour!!
Don't we have fun!!
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/ and the site of the PMDC at
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/