Re: [BNW] playing other games with BNW

>From: "Barak Blackburn" <barak@staff.angelfire.com>
>
>I don't have the book handy, but if someone does, the author's notes in the
>defiants book have matt's thoughts on playing another game with the BNW
>setting.
>I know there was some discussion about whether or not he was recommending
>folks to play other games.
>he sort of is.

I think I noted this a couple of days back, when someone asked me about
this.  I would briefly note three additional things on this:

A) He is addressing this to folks who have already "bought into" the system
(i.e., it's in the fourth release of material for BNW rather than the
first);

B) He says he is addressing it to the small minority (about 10%) of BNW
customers ("experienced roleplayers") that don't like the character/power
creation stuff; and

C) He is basically acknowledging something that goes on anyway in many RPGs
that are bought and subsequently "adapted" anyway by individual GMs

>in that Miracle on 34th Street Kind of way.
>
>barak
>
>Barak Blackburn
>Angelfire Ambassador
>www.angelfire.com