Re: [BNW] Brave New World in the bargain bin

>A good point, although one that to me is of less concern than something
>else:  it's easier to _explain_ the game mechanics.  If I hand a player a
>pre-generated character, I can explain how it works in about 5 minutes, and
>spend another 5 minutes the first time combat comes up and explain that.
>And they understand the game.

On this, we agree.  Obviously, I don't dislike everything about BNW, or else
I'd just be here trolling for flames, something I am most assuredly NOT out
to do.

One of my ongoing personal projects is a pulp-era campaign in search of a
rules system.  And with a few modifications here and there, I think BNW's
core system is a good candidate for re-fitting to become that system (it's
either that or Fuzion today, and BNW's a bit better at handling talented
humans, IMHO).  So that's two different campaign ideas I have that may
utilize the game mechanics, if not the setting.

Of course, the core mechanics aren't all that different from Shadowrun (roll
lots of six siders, keep the high value, sixes add and re-roll), but it does
seem a lot easier for some reason.

Theron
Houston