Re: [BNW] population statistics

First:

In BNW America is NOT a dictatorship in the perception of the average
American. Sure we look at the desciption and say, "well, duh." but that is
not the perception the game puts out. People are GRATEFUL that President
Kennedy is still in charge. He's defending them from the Defiant menace. All
those elections and freedoms will be re-instated as soon as the crisis is
over.

Second: Any real-world analyzation of the whole "martial law" premise in BNW
is just off the scale. Any relatively logic explanation of how the gov'ment
got the way it is just doesn't work. I sent up a post about how,
politically, it just wasn't possible for it to occur the way it did. More
people would have rebelled on simple principle. Take away my right to vote?
The Congress could impeach the President the instant he made a move on their
power. (and you're a fool if you think life-long politicians will just roll
over) Then he is no longer commander in chief of the military, and is no
longer guiding the martial law. Even so, Martial Law is a Federal Law
allowing the President to temporarily suspend the Constitution at the
request of the state in which the problem is occurring. And if you think the
states are going to belly up and sacrifice their power to a centralized
government, you're a fool. Also, because it is a Federal law it is
technically unconstitutional (no law of the land may supercede this
document). It would have to be a constitutional amendment. It is done that
way just so the judicial branch could strip it and knock it down. And
finally, martial law is just that. Military law. Which still has rules. All
in all. Their history is completely improbable. Unless.... well, there are
superpowers, huh? Maybe there is a reason all these impossibilities have
happened.