[pyrnet] Adult Pyr Escape Behavior

 Hello,  I do Great Pyr rescue in Georgia.  While I do my best to screen
potential adopters, I do not always get permanent homes and have the Pyrs
returned.  It seems a few have been really good potential homes, too.
The most recent is due to the adopted 2 year old female Pyr escaping
their fence and, the straw that broke the camel's back, is a couple
accidents of the Pyr urinating on the family's bed.  The couple also is
owned by a Bernese Mountain Dog so they are accustomed a large dogs and
the Berner appears happy and content, and was recently neutered.
 The couple adores the adopted rescue Pyr and are crushed she tries to
escape.  I tried to explain that, while I am not an animal behaviorist,
that Pyrs inherently are accustomed to having a huge territory with which
to explore and many will take the opportunity to do so if given the
chance.  Maybe not all, but many.  The Pyr, elsewise, is tremendously
sweet to them, and likes to stay close by when home.  I've suggested this
list and the Pyr-L list for them to join and begin discussion with Pyr
experts who might know more than I.
 I've had two Pyrs, still have one.  My big boy traveled over the Rainbow
Bridge a little over a year ago due to Addison's disease complications at
about 5 years old.  That rascal would gallop off to explore in a
heartbeat if he could, not run nor charge off, but would just gallop off,
grinning with his tongue lapping out, as though his territory was
extended far beyond my house/property.  My girl, though, now close to 8,
would likely not venture off if I left the gate open all day.  I adopted
her when she was 3 years old, and the big boy when he was 5 months old.
So I cannot say age would necessarily be the reason.  Both of mine were
rescue adoptions.
 But with the ones rescue and adopt, I do not know their complete
background.  One of my rescues will get out of my fence in a heartbeat
where he found loose dirt due to erosion and has done so four times.
Always found and returned and/or retrieved, though, due to tags and
microchip id's.  This same escape artist wants to be right under foot,
though, when I'm nearby, and loves to sleep at my bedside on the floor.
 To make this long story a little shorter, any experience with (1)
re-training to not escape, and (2) what about the pee'ing on the bed?
Any ideas of what the Pyr might be saying in that regard?  I didn't have
any problems with her when she was here at my house/property and she
slept on the bed downstairs.   She was vet checked and appeared okay
after she was treated for whips and one of the very sweetest and
gentlest.
I might have anywhere from 1-7 rescue Pyrs adoptable at any one time so
they can not always have the privileges of all sleeping with me, although
I might love it, I just don't have a bed that big. :>
 Thanks!
Dena