Re: [PyrNet-L] Question About Grooming

Hello!
    I'm not in the tropics or even really in the south but we do have pretty
hot/humid summers here.  I personally have never shaved my Pyrs (except to
clip away hair from an irritated section of skin) of course I do show but
I've always heard/read that it is best to keep their coats on them to
protect them from the sun.  Naturally provide them with plenty of shade and
cold water or even your air conditioning but I would suggest you talk to
someone in your area or type of area who has had Pyrs for a while and see
what they say.
    To groom, you at least need an undercoat rake, slicker brush and
de-matting comb.  Since you're not showing, any good shampoo and conditioner
should be fine.  If you really want to get them white and don't have
whitening shampoo, use just a few drops of laundry bluing mixed in the
shampoo.  Also, Llama Groom is a good way to soften the coat and get the
dead coat out.

Chrissy
Rajah and Moses
West Union, WV
dsmith@iolinc.net

>Hello All,
>
>I am making a grooming table for our rescue when we get him/her. I took an
old
>kitchen table and sawed the legs off so it is only about knee high and
>stengthened the legs for a good solid support. If I can jump up and down on
it
>and it does not shake I will be satisfied. A couple of questions regaurding
>grooming. I have never had a long haired dog. My mother has a Bouvier Des
>Flandres and an Airdale. I see how much fun she has with them. I am in
Tampa