Re: [PyrNet-L] Spratts Postcard

Quite an ad, Jan--and I surely wouldn't put the postcard up for sale! I
have a small glass-enclosed postcard-sized picture on my dresser that I've
had since I was very young (long, long ago!). It has a picture of a little
black cocker, and the message reads, "Please keep my master free from
harm, wherever he may be
             And when this war is over, bring him safely home to me.
             That we might stroll together, or share a cosy fire.
              Please hear a doggie's earnest prayer and grant his heart's
desire."
I've known the poem by heart for as long as I can remember, and found it
again among my mother's things after she died. Dates to WWII I expect.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose