Re: Toxic Tunes (was Re: [HoE] Product Announcements)

At 04:18 PM 11/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> Sounds altogether cool.  Do any MP3 or Real Audio samples I can check out
>> exist?
>
>(ahem) Since I can't remember if this has been discussed on the HoE list, I
>feel obligated to point at that such activity is a breach of PEG's
>copyright, and criminal in nature.

Companies such as CDNOW and Amazon generally provide short (as in
incomplete) MPEG samples of several tracks that can be sampled before
making a purchase. It might be kind of cool to see something like this on
the PEG site. Whem most people buy CDs, they like to listen to what they're
buying first.