[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020524-1

I<<<<<'m not sure if they're related, but there's an Order of St. George
mentioned in the Call of Cthulu Keeper's Companion if I remember
correctly. Neat idea, but the CoC KC may be kind of expensive for what
is, IIRC, a single sidebar piece containing the core idea.>>>>>>>>.

I think you're thinking of the Order of the Sword of St. Jerome, which is the Call of Cthulhu Vatican monster hunting group. The Deadlands book "Fire and Brimstone" has the sidebar on the Order of St. George, which is the DL version of what appears in quite a few RPGs, namely, a Vatican funded and organized bunch of monster hunters.