Re: [BNW] white House Snuffer Fields

OK----

My PROBLEM with no power source (and it has absolutely nothing to do with
MAKING new packages or Alpha level powers)

It is abundantly obvious ALL the powers have a common source. What that
source is we have no clue. The source of the powers can have a major impact
on the playing of the power. On the choice of mechanics for the power. On
the house rules for dealing with wonky things that players throw at you.

Every decision I have to make on how these powers connect is one potential
step away from the 'metaplot'. And since I am missing a basic portion of the
world base, (where do the powers come from?) my point of departure is much
more sharply angled. If I diverge enough, I may simply not be able to avail
myself of ANY commercial support for this game.

My reason for buying a commercial product is because it is supported. I pay
a designer to test and implement this product so that I don't have to. And I
pay to be provided with enough information on the BASICS of the premise of
HOW THE WORLD works to be able to wing a few things without alienating my
game from the support base.

Player A is a gageteer. He flies his Delta designed and maintained power
armor into New Alcatraz. Does it fail? Is his 'delta' power armor being
'constantly' supported by delta power which fades away. Hence needing
maintenance. Or is it just wonky tech that needs constant 'tweaking' to keep
it running? Either answer is a MAJOR divergence. Delta powered, well the
progression down that way is clear. Traditional scientist simply couldn't
EVER make it work, or learn anything from it if they got a hold of it. It
can be suppressed by standard equipment. Oh, yeah it took me about 10
seconds to figure that if this is how it works... then why not design a
device that can syphon the necessary delta energy off whoever is wearing it,
regardless of maintenance? However, if it is just science so far out there
that it needs constant adjustment by the designer. Well, why can't he
maintain more than 1 a day? It's not like there aren't 23 more hours left.
And what about reverse engineering more basic items from the edged tech. And
the thing about the cutting edge is that it is always slicing forward.
Leaving things in it's wake. When does "delta" tech slip into common
science?

If you can't see WHY it is important to maintain at least an approximate
line with the published materials in order to partake of the commercial
product.....