Re: [BNW] New game for me

> >Or better yet, just run out into the street and start screaming about the
> >defiant goliath killing all the little children. Then just avoid the
> >goliath for about ten minutes (maybe take a few shots at him) and then
> >just stuff your guns into your pockets once the delta prime squad shows
> >up.
> >The goliath is huge, ugly and obvious for a reason... to bone him over
> >when it comes to not being seen.
> >

> True.  Although the original example didn't say that the Goliath was a
> _Defiant_ Goliath.  It may very well have been a Defiant Shooter going up
> against a Delta Prime Goliath.

Well I thought the original example was two guys in the group. So unless
the group is working for DP, then they are both defiants. It's just that
the goliath is the more obvious one, so he would be the one DP would go
after first.

> It wasn't a complaint on my part, merely an observation that new power
> packages are of less use to an established group, then to a new one or to a
> Guide for NPC-making purposes.  It would seem that Tricks _are_ of more use
> to an established group, since new power packages require that "you" (the
> established player) either retire or get your character killed to be able to
> use them.
>
> Power Packages are more useful in many cases and should continue to be
> released.  No arguement here.  However, just as a possible point of
> reference, Tricks for existing powers probably _would_ be more useful for
> any future "player handbooks."  Which was what Ravaged Planet was billed as,
> according to the front cover.  Although as I noted in my Azrael Online
> review, that term applied to RP seems to be somewhat of a misnomer.

Well I'm of the opinion that tricks are a lot easier to make up yourself
than new power packages (tricks are easier to come up with and easier to
balance).
If a home-made trick turns out to weak or too powerful you can simply
increase/decrease the number of successes to use it, or drop the trick
altogether without it having a huge impact on the game.
If a home-made power package winds up with problems it is a lot harder to
tweak it in or drop it without having to start all over with a new char.

-Theo McGuckin, operations
"We waste more electrons by 6am then most labs make all day. Be all you
can be!"